As part of the typical website package Smiling Spiders will train clients on how to use WordPress. The best way to promote your business is to regularly update your website and you can do this very easily through WordPress, in the form of a blog. Of course you don’t have to refer to it as a blog – many people prefer to call it “News”.
The WordPress training involves signing on the the backend, creating new users ,creating and updating posts and pages etc.
I also recognise that there are a lot of people out there who have perfectly good websites but don’t know how to update them. For this we offer a one on one WordPress session. The cost of this is €150 for a half day or €300 for a full day. Additional top up sessions are charged at €60 per hour.
Smiling Spiders also does WordPress training courses.
One of these courses runs regularly in Mullingar Community College. It’s an 8 week night course which takes place on Wednesdays from 7-9.
We also do one and two day courses in a classroom setting.
Please see below for details.
ELEMENTS COVERED IN WORDPRESS TRAINING
Introduction to WordPress and the internet
- What is WordPress
- Domains and Hosting
Adding & Editing Site Contents
- Understanding the difference between posts and pages
- Images and other media in pages and posts
- Adding HTML links
- Creating a new post
- Advanced text formatting in a new post
- Creating and managing links
- Adding images, video, and audio from external sources
- Adding categories, tags, post formats, excerpts, and other elements
- Managing post categories and tags
- Users – Adding deleting, editing
- Keeping site Updated – WordPress
- Keeping site Updated – plugins and themes
- Theme Customisation
- Menu – adding items.
THE NEXT STEPS
Just send an email with “quotation request” in the subject line and as much detail as possible in the body of the email and I will get back to you with a price in 24 hours.
For any other enquiries, please drop me an email and I’ll get back to you with an answer within 24 hours.